Make this banana oatmeal smoothie recipe for weight loss with almond milk for a quick, nutritious meal or snack. Includes video!
Even though I share a lot of dessert recipes, and most are brimming with calories, I do try to eat healthy and watch my weight. Sometimes I watch it go up and sometimes I watch it go down! Anyway, to keep things in check, I try to drink a healthy smoothie every day either for breakfast or lunch. This banana oatmeal smoothie is my absolute favorite and is so easy to make.
I had been making this banana oatmeal smoothie recipe for a few weeks, and loving it, when I decided to try it with frozen bananas. Oh my gosh. The frozen bananas took it from really good to absolutely amazing. They make the smoothie thicker and there is no need to use the ice cubes.
How to Freeze Bananas:
- Remove the peel from 4 or 5 bananas.
- Cut your bananas into thirds.
- Lay them out, not touching, in a 9 x 13 pan or on a cookie sheet.
- Place them in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Once frozen as separate pieces, bananas can be stored in a ziploc bag in the freezer.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large banana (frozen is better)
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 5-6 ice cubes (may leave out if using frozen bananas)
Optional (except for cinnamon, all will add calories)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 scoop unflavored protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Mix on low speed until the banana and ice are broken up.
Mix on high speed for 1 minute.